COVID-19 Rules and Safety Procedures
*Customers and Vendors who do not follow these rules will be asked to leave.
- Safe customer & safe vendors
- Provide essential products to our community
- Safer customer and vendor experiences than alternatives such as grocery stores
- A demonstration that we are a responsible Asheville business by modeling virus-safe behavior
- As a market, we are determined to treat this public health crisis seriously. Persons failing to follow any of the rules below must leave the market immediately.
- Minimum of six feet between canopies
- Minimum of six feet between vendors, between vendors and customers, and between customers
- Wide aisles (>20 feet) to allow distance between customers
- Children must be closely monitored by an adult.
- The number of shoppers permitted within the market will be limited by market staff. State mandate is 24 people per 1000 square feet.
- Customers will enter the market through one of the 2 staff managed entrances. Stairs will be blocked off.
- No customers, vendors or staff exhibiting symptoms will be allowed to enter the market.
- NO PETS ALLOWED.
Masks & Limiting Touch
- Masks are highly encouraged and all vendors and market staff will be required to wear them.
- No samples allowed.
Payments and Transactions
- All tokens, $1 EBT and $5 (for credit and debit cards) are available and will be accepted. Contactless card readers are strongly encouraged to our vendors.
- If possible, vendors will have one person designated to handle products, and a different person designated to handle credit/debit card transactions.
Practicing Periodic Disinfection
- NATM will provide a hand-washing station for customers and vendors.
- Vendors must use cleanable surfaces and will frequently sanitize all contact surfaces e.g., tables, shelves, card readers, etc.
Additional Safety Measures: Prepare Market Staff and its Vendors
- Signs at market and information on websites and social media will be posted to explain all market rules.
- Vendors are encouraged to practice social distancing and avoid large gatherings that may increase risks for potential exposure during off hours.
Any further questions for us about the above Market Rules?