North Asheville Tailgate Market
Title: North Asheville Tailgate Market Executive Director
(Part time Independent Contractor)
The Executive Director is responsible for providing planning, operational and promotional management for the market.
The Executive Director is also responsible for providing event planning, operational and promotional management for the North Asheville Tailgate Market’s annual Holiday Bazaar. This event takes place four consecutive Saturdays starting the Saturday after Thanksgiving. (hrs to be determined in cooperation with UNC Asheville.)
In addition to a basic knowledge of, and commitment to, the mission of NATM, the incumbent will have a strong work ethic, be detail and service oriented, and be able to effectively manage the challenge of working on a wide variety of tasks.
Hours: Our market season begins the first Saturday in April and runs each Saturday through November (Saturday before Thanksgiving). Regular hours include Saturdays 6:45am-12:30pm during the main market season. Weekday hours will vary based on market needs. Total hours will average approximately 15-20 hours per week during the season.
Winter hours will be spent working both independently and in conjunction with the board of directors and committees to plan the upcoming season.
Applicants must be interested in a 3+ year time commitment.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Manage routine planning and implementation for weekly market operations
- Coordinate vendor applications, selection, and scheduling
- Monitor product mix management to enhance supply, selection, and appeal
- Maintain effective communication with staff, vendors, customers, UNC Asheville, sponsors and special guests
- Enforce market policies, rules, and regulations
- Oversee all market operations and resolve issues
- Work with the Board of Directors, committees and manage staff
- Work with and assist musician booking agent
- Coordinate and complete pre-market preparations and set-up (e.g. setting up all market infrastructure, booth items for market booth, sponsor booth and community booth space)
- Manage at-market vendor fee collection and token sales & activities
- Coordinate and complete post-market break-down
- Schedule and assign tasks to staff, interns, or volunteers
- Coordinate and participate in market meetings
- Implement marketing, outreach, and promotion plans including market features (e.g. events, community booth and sponsor booth guests, and customer engagement activities)
- Support social media and e-newsletter posting
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Focus on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in regards to outreach and decision making processes
- Facebook, Instagram, Mailchimp
- Recruit Sponsors and Community Booth guests
- Reliable in meeting assigned schedules and responsibilities
- Ability to complete routine duties with consistency and attention to detail
- Accuracy in dealing with processes and record keeping
- Physically able to handle repetitive tasks including lifting and carrying (35lbs)
- Must have reliable vehicle, computer with internet access, and smart phone
- Comfortable planning and implementing customer engagement activities/events
- Commitment to effective customer service
- Self-directed and able to work independently
The salary range for this part time position is: $18/hr
Please email a cover letter, resume, and three references with the subject line: Executive Director Position to firstname.lastname@example.org
Documents must be PDF or Google Docs format.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to all applicants.
This posting will remain open until February 5th, or until position is filled. Applications only accepted by email. Please do not call or come by the office.
The North Asheville Tailgate Market is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, political beliefs, creed, marital status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.